Check back for more information in Spring 2014!
If you love to write, we’re looking for one great story. One Teen Story will consider original, unpublished fiction written by teens ages 14-19. We are interested in great fiction of any genre—literary, fantasy, sci-fi, love stories, and horror. What’s in a great short story? Interesting characters, a unique voice, and of course, a beginning, middle and end.
The contest judge will be by Matt de la Peña, author of four critically acclaimed young adult novels: Ball Don’t Lie, Mexican WhiteBoy, We Were Here, and I Will Save You. He is also the author of One Teen Story issue #6, “Passing Each other in Halls”. The winning story will be published in the May 2014 issue of One Teen Story. Contest winners will receive $500, 25 copies of the magazine featuring their work, and a 28” x 20” poster of the cover featuring their story. The winner of the contest will also have the opportunity to edit his/her story for publication with a One Teen Story editor. Honorable mentions will be chosen in three age categories: 14-15, 16-17, and 18-19-year-olds.
- To enter, you must be between the ages of 14 and 19 as of May 31, 2013.
- Short stories should be between 1,500 to 4,000 words and be the writer’s own original, unpublished work.
- Previously published stories and stories forthcoming at other publications cannot be considered.
- No entry form or fee is required.
- Only one submission per person.
- One Teen Story reserves the right to publish the story in the form we choose. A parent must sign a consent form for One Teen Story to publish the names of the winner and honorable mentions on our web site.
- You must submit through our online Submission Manager.
June 30, 2013