The end of our contest is FAST APPROACHING, and by FAST APPROACHING, I mean you have less than one week to submit your fabulous stories!
The contest will be judged by Matt de la Peña. This is him:
He wrote this:
When we published Passing Each Other in Halls, we asked Matt for writerly advice. He said:
The contest judge will be by Matt de la Peña, author of four critically acclaimed young adult novels: Ball Don’t Lie, Mexican WhiteBoy, We Were Here, and I Will Save You. He is also the author of One Teen Story issue #6, “Passing Each other in Halls”. The winning story will be published in the May 2014 issue of One Teen Story. Contest winners will receive $500, 25 copies of the magazine featuring their work, and a 28” x 20” poster of the cover featuring their story. The winner of the contest will also have the opportunity to edit his/her story for publication with a One Teen Story editor. Honorable mentions will be chosen in three age categories: 14-15, 16-17, and 18-19-year-olds.
- To enter, you must be between the ages of 14 and 19 as of May 31, 2013. Please include your date of birth in the “comments” section of the Submission Manager!
- Short stories should be between 1,500 to 4,000 words and be the writer’s own original, unpublished work.
- Previously published stories and stories forthcoming at other publications cannot be considered.
- No entry form or fee is required.
- Only one submission per person.
- One Teen Story reserves the right to publish the story in the form we choose. A parent must sign a consent form for One Teen Story to publish the names of the winner and honorable mentions on our web site.
- You must submit through our online Submission Manager.
Deadline: June 30, 2013
We will announce the contest winner by September 1, 2013. Good luck!